I titled my blog "Running from the Rainbow" because it was one of my personal goals to avoid becoming a stereotypical gay guy at the time I created it. I've realized that the gay stereotype is constantly changing; and I'll always be different without any effort on my part. I'm just going to be whoever I happen to be.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Suprise! Things get complicated.


A suprise came in the mail today. I recieved an official letter of acceptance from Trinity University. I began to read it aloud to my mother. After the first paragraph I read this:
In addition, we are pleased to offer you the $9,000 Trustees' Scholarship in recognition of your academic achievements. This scholarship is renewable annually for four years, for a total award of $36,000, granted you maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average as a full-time student...
When I read this I was shocked. I never thought I was going to be awarded any scholarships (I didn't even bother to apply for any), I was just worried about getting accepted to any colleges. My mom was bouncing off the walls and calling everyone she knew (she can be a little dramatic, I think that's where I inherited it from :-p). I was planning on going to ASU if I didn't get into Rice, but how can I turn down a scholarship? This is going to get even more complicated if I get that full-scholarship to Harvey Mudd College. Oh well, life goes on.



1 Comments:

At February 23, 2005 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site was designed to be viewed in Firefox, Netscape, Mozilla, K-Meleon, or Apple Safari at a resolution above 800x600.