I titled my blog "Running from the Rainbow" because it was one of my personal goals to avoid becoming a stereotypical gay guy at the time I created it. I've realized that the gay stereotype is constantly changing; and I'll always be different without any effort on my part. I'm just going to be whoever I happen to be.

Monday, October 03, 2005

I disagree

Normally, I wouldn't make a post on your blog, but that last entry upset me. I'm sure that there are -many- people that would agree that you are not an asshole.
So you broke a few hearts, that is NOT your fault. As soon as you realized it wouldn't work out, you were straight foward and honest. That's more than most people would do.. most would keep on with the facade because they wouldn't want to "hurt" the other person. What you did was brave and the right thing to do.
Don't even start comparing yourself to Mandie! It's true, the situation is similar, but the way you acted is very different, and that's what counts. It's not the event, because things like that are inevitable if you live and interact with other humans. It's what you do that defines who you are and what kind of person you are. You were nice about it, you tried to make sure they didn't get hurt.
THAT is where you differ from Mandie.. she didn't have any regard for the feelings of anyone but herself. She was so absorbed in her own greif that she didn't care about mine.. but you aren't like that. You always care about the feelings of others.
You aren't an asshole, in fact you're one of my favorite people.
Love,
Michellypooh



1 Comments:

At October 03, 2005 11:26 AM, Blogger Matty said...

sorry! i didn't know your birthday was in september!

happy belated birthday!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site was designed to be viewed in Firefox, Netscape, Mozilla, K-Meleon, or Apple Safari at a resolution above 800x600.