I titled my blog "Running from the Rainbow" because it was one of my personal goals to avoid becoming a stereotypical gay guy at the time I created it. I've realized that the gay stereotype is constantly changing; and I'll always be different without any effort on my part. I'm just going to be whoever I happen to be.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Where is my place?

I just read a post on my friend's blog about how they feel out of place at "straight" parties. It made me start to think about where I feel out of place. It's funny, because while he feels so much more comfortable at gay parties, I think that's where I feel the most out of place. All of the guys there are part of a group that I don't really belong to. While I am gay, I've never been able to communicate with the people there, and no group of people has made me feel less secure about myself. When I'm at straight parties I never feel like people are judging me. Everyone is just there to have fun with there friends. I have fun talking to all of my friends and meeting new people. Most of the faces are familiar though, it's not like I've just been thrown into a room of strangers. With most of the people there I've usually had a chance to meet them beforehand in a smaller environment. I guess it ultimately comes down to the fact that I never really knew the people at the gay parties I went to, so I felt alone. I don't mind though, it's just not my crowd. I can live with that.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site was designed to be viewed in Firefox, Netscape, Mozilla, K-Meleon, or Apple Safari at a resolution above 800x600.